Yanming Xia “Sammi” graduated from Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (7- year program), one of the most prestigious medical schools in China, combining the study of Traditional Medicine and today’s modern medicine. She has been working as an acupuncturist and medical doctor in Shanghai Shuguang Hospital in affiliation with Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine since 2008. Shanghai Shuguang Hospital is one of the first of its kind in China and was the meeting place of ancient culture with modern concepts of health care. She received her professional training and practice from Professor Weidong Shen, one of the best and most famous acupuncturists and doctors in China.
She currently holds the following degrees and certifications in acupuncture:
- Licensed Acupuncturist in North Carolina
- Bachelor and Master’s Degree of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Diplomate of Acupuncture, the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Licensed Medical Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Shanghai, China
- Registered Veterans Affairs (VA) care provider
- Professional Member of North Carolina Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.